Current as of 4 p.m. July 26, 2020
This data provides a snapshot in time only.
Purchases are the primary way the state has secured PPE, accounting for about 85 percent of items received so far. Donations make up about 2 percent of PPE received. Arrival time for orders can range from days to weeks.
- $397.8 million worth of PPE ordered.
- $158.8 million of the above total has arrived and been paid for.
- View a list of vendors (PDF) the state has made PPE purchases from.
PPE in Washington
July 20-26 purchased, received and distributed items
- Ordered an additional 1 million N95 respirators
- Over 16 million items received
- Sent out over 7.2 million items from inventory, with another 5 million pending distribution
July 13-19 purchased, received and distributed items:
Over 24 million items of PPE and items like cloth face coverings were received at the warehouse last week, including:
- 5.9 million cloth face coverings
- 2.8 million gloves
- 4.2 million gowns
- 6.3 million N95 respirator masks
- 5.2 million KN95/FFP/KN90 respirator masks
2.8 million items were distributed, with another 4.7 million pending distribution.
July 6 – July 12 purchased, received and distributed items:
- 716,500 additional glove purchases
- 40,000 addition cloth mask purchases
Received - More than 23 million items, including:
- 9,502,080 N95 respirator masks
- 499,500 KN95 respirator masks
- 4,500,000 surgical masks
- 990,900 cloth masks
- 2,005,300 gloves
- 3,535,100 gowns
Distributed (over 7.5 million items distributed):
- 1,519,450 cloth masks
- 3,625,660 gloves
- 234,360 gowns
- 600,660 N95 respirator masks
- 83,450 KN95 respirator masks
- 1,576,900 surgical masks
June 30 – July 5 purchased and received items:
- June 30 highlights – Received more than 10 million PPE items, including 4.5 million surgical masks and 4.4 million cloth masks.
- July 1 highlights – Received more than 500,000 items, including 340,000 gowns and 190,000 gloves. Distributed 239,000 items, including 220,000 surgical masks.
- July 2 highlights – Received more than 5.9 million items, including 3.5 million gloves, 2 million KN95 respirator masks, and 396,000 gowns. Distributed more than 1.6 million items, including 562,000 gloves, 474,000 surgical masks, 220,000 face shields, 204,000 KN95 masks and 90,000 N95 masks.
June 23 – 29 purchased and received items:
- June 23 highlights – Distributed more than 260,000 PPE items, including 236,000 cloth masks. Processing more than 1.9 million items for distribution. Received 322,000 items, including 247,000 surgical masks.
- June 24 highlights – Distributed more than 314,000 PPE items, including 154,000 surgical masks and 110,000 cloth masks. Received more than 400,000 items, including 398,000 gowns and 5,000 thermometers.
- June 25 highlights – Distributed more than 2.3 million PPE items, including 1.3 million gloves, 570,000 surgical masks, 289,000 N95 respirator masks, and 157,000 gowns. Received more than 835,000 items, including 792,000 gowns, 26,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and 16,000 face shields.
- June 26 highlights – Distributed 142,000 items, including 62,000 gloves, 27,000 surgical masks, 21,000 KN95 respirator masks and 14,000 N95 respirator masks. Received more than 887,000 items, including 851,000 gowns and 21,000 face shields.
- June 29 highlights – Received 552 Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) filters.
We are in the early stages as local companies come on-line to ramp up their production capacities and produce items. So far:
- As of June 26, more than 100 Washington manufacturers have re-tooled.
- State to purchase the full production capacity from five manufacturers for respirator and surgical masks, hand sanitizer and face shields.
- Other retooled companies are selling items directly to hospitals and other local entities.